Friday, December 22, 2017

Happy Holidays!

Another year comes to its close. And what a year it was! Played many a show in many a place. Made the most of my US work visa with shows in D.C., Florida, Indiana, Maine, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Texas. Add to that my usual Canadian stops and that means a lot of clicks on the ol' Sienna. Around 70000 Km(43495 miles). There is nothing like getting out there and performing live to hone your craft, and as hard as it is to be away from home, I get a real sense that this is what I am on this planet to do when I'm on the road. So, thank you to everyone who booked me, and everyone who came out to the shows and supported my music this year. You're helping me get a little bit better every time I hit that stage.

2017 also saw the release of a new album. Everything Intertwined has been very well-received by critics and fans, and that makes me happy (especially the fans part). I took a bit of a creative chance with the record, shifting away from an Americana sound to a more Rock-oriented record. Though I'm still getting Townes Van Zandt comparisons, so maybe not as far as I thought. Perhaps it's the depressing lyrics they're talking about. Haha.

"subtly brilliant…highly recommended" - Winnipeg Free Press

"Coming on like a rocking, later day Townes Van Zandt, Savage colors outside the lines with tales of those living beyond the margins. Every generation needs one who holds up the fun house mirror to the absurdities and this is a cult hero for our times"- Midwest Record Review

"we are dealing with a brilliant poet and troubadour" - Country Jukebox

"Recommended to those who still believe in Roots Rock power and poetry" - Lonestar Time

If you haven't listened to the record yet, you can stream it to your heart's content on Spotify. It would be great if you could follow my artist page and save the album to your music. Helps spread the word in a weird algorithmic way. Also on Apple Music, Bandcamp, etc.

Another really cool thing that happened this year was the release of the record I produced for Al Duquette called "Tales of the Wild West". Al is the real deal and this is a very fine collection of old time Country songs. Give it a listen

Hope you have a safe and happy holiday season.

See you in 2018!

Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment